There are several members of our family with gluten intolerance. Two daughters, two sisters and my mother and also two friends. We first discovered celiac disease when we were trying to figure out why our daughter wasn't growing. The doctors didn't have any answers. You can read our story at this link. celiac disease what to do

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gluten Free Turkey Nuggets

Here's a good idea for that leftover Thanksgiving turkey.   I cut turkey into nugget size pieces.   Than I took a cup full of Rice Chex and put them in a zip lock bag.  Then I crushed them to smitherenes.  Then I added about a half cup of gluten free flour.  (make it proportionate to the amount of turkey you have)   Add some seasoning to the mix.  I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, and oregano.  Beat one egg and add it to the mix.  Than add the chicken.  Shake it up.    In a good size frying pan preheat some vegetable oil.   Put it all together and let it fry for a couple minutes.  Stir a lot.   It tastes great.   I'd call them turkey mcnuggets but the clown would sue.



Here's what my kids said about them.


Kaitlin:  Mmmmmm

Kristin:  I like them but leave me alone I want to sleep

Janna:  They're good

Charrey:  I think they're gross
                   Dad: Do you like any kind of poultry?
             Charrey: Ham
                   Dad:  That's not poultry
              Charrey:  Yes it is
                    Dad:  When pigs fly

Emma Lee:  Ohhhhhhh

Sam: (thumbs up)

For an alternative breading heres a youtube video.  I know it's fish but I'm sure the concept would be similar for anything you want to bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment